About the artist
- Teresa Byrne studied at the Epsom School of Art, after which she spent four years studying drawing and painting with Nerina Simi in Florence, Italy. While concentrating on commissioned work, Teresa has also exhibited at Von Bertouch Galleries, Newcastle, Queen Street Gallery, Sydney, and Muswellbrook and Maitland Regional Art Galleries. She has been studying for a Bachelor of Natural History Illustration from 2012 to 2018.
Collections and commissions
- Represented in private collections in Australia, England, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Philippines and Italy.
- Horses painted include Kingston Town, Strawberry Road, Emancipation, Red Anchor, Tie the Knot, Lonhro and Twiglet.
- Commissioned to paint the winner of the NSW Horse of the Year Award for five consecutive years.
- Commissioned by the Heritage Society of the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW to paint the 1997 champion cow, bull and dog and the 1998 champion alpaca and merino ram of the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
Awards and exhibitions
- Finalist in the Portia Geach Memorial Award 1997, 2000 and 2005.
- 2nd prize, Modern Figurative Section, 1998 Sydney Royal Easter Show.
- 1st prize Muswellbrook Local Art Award, 2010.
- 2014 'Naturally Art,' Raymond Terrace Library.
- 2015 'The Print as Object' show at Watt Space Gallery, Newcastle.
- 2016 exhibited in the Margaret Senior Award, University of Newcastle.